Our strength is the calibre of our people. We succeed because we engage, develop and reward people who have the passion to make a significant contribution to our nation. We provide a culture of challenge and opportunity that encourages our employees to develop to their full potential.
Why work with us?
We offer our employees everything they need to reach their full potential. We aim to recruit people locally who can think globally. Our total employment offering combines the space for exciting development within a globally admired working environment with the opportunity to work with bright and motivated colleagues.
What we want from you?
We want you to be a dreamer who can go beyond the barrier and put smiles on the faces of the underprivileged children. Unity, bravery and passion will lead you to follow our noble cause where there is no limit of creating happiness. If you believe by heart that the poverty cycle can be broken through quality education, then you can be the one.
Job Position: Teacher (2 years contractual post) , JAAGO Foundation
Department: Education Program
Name of School: Banani & Rayer Bazar School
Number of vacancies: Banani School : 04, Rayer Bazar School : 03 and Online School Program (OSP): 11
Job Description / Responsibilities:The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Use instructional design theory, instructional design principles, learning theory, instructional technology and children learning principles.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide small group or individualized instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Use a variety of instructional strategies such as inquiry, small group discussion, lecture, etc. to ensure effective learning of each student.
- Design and manage media (videos, audio and graphics) that are needed to impart the lessons.
- Support the school-branch with the training and development of curriculum.
- Establish and maintain standard student behavior to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in classroom.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, keep appropriates record and prepare progress reports.
- Identify student needs and corporate with others professional staffs to assessing and helping to develop attitude, mental health and to solve learning problem.
- Continuously update their individual skills by attending workshops and training sessions related to instructional technology, education or distance education.
- Supervise students in out of classroom activities during school day.
- Actively participate in faculty and staff meetings.
- Participate in events for students to celebrate national and special days.
- Prepare report cards and conduct Parents’-Teachers’ meeting to exchange feedback with them regarding their children.
- Prepare the question papers.
- Distribute tests and homework assignments, and collect them when they are completed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree (For primary level) / Master’s degree with background of respective subjects (For Secondary level), preferable in Education/Early Childhood Development/Psychology/Child Psychology.
- Fluency in English and Bangla both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Familiarity with primary and secondary level curriculum.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with very young group children.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion to promote education for the underprivileged.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Having experience with educational research.
- Previous experience of working with underprivileged children/development sector/non-profit organization.
- Experience in designing curriculum and/or lesson plans.
- Experience in working/volunteering in education or social development projects.
- Monthly 8,000/= to 11,000/= for primary level teachers. (5 hours/day, 5 days/week).
- Monthly 12,000/= to 15,000/= for secondary level teachers. (6 hours/day, 6 days/week).
- JAAGO Foundation School, Banani Branch 1/1 Grave Yard Road, Jamai Bazar, Karail, Banani Dhaka-1213
- JAAGO Foundation School, Rayer Bazar Branch 14/3/A, Abul Khashem Khan Road, Rayer Bazar,Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207
- To apply for the post of Teacher please follow the link: Teacher Application Form
- Deadline: 27th November, 2017.
Job Position: Project Officer (Only for Male) , JAAGO Foundation
Name of School: Lakshmipur and Teknaf School.
Number of vacancies: 02
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Keep track of kids’ attendance, updates, dropouts – monitor, control, communicate and prevent dropouts and irregularities.
- Birthday Lists/Celebrations of Sponsors: Receive the birthday list of sponsors from head office (Child Welfare Team). Monitor the making of the Birthday chart of the sponsors. Coordinate with the coordinator if needed. Take the photo and send it to the head office.
- Student Management: Provide the Child Welfare Department about the updates/medical issues, etc.Must also report details of Dropouts/etc.
- Attendance: Monitoring the attendance of all staffs. Report to Education Coordinators about the attendance of teachers. But he cannot charge the teachers directly.
- Supervise and Monitor cleaning & maintenance of Office & School Premises.
- Maintain monthly budget & expenses of the branch.
- Submit Budget & Expense Log timely.
- Inform & get approval if Budget exceeds. Resudal money must be sent back to the branch.
- Approach & visit local schools & local govt. office, consult with the Assistant Project Manager in Head Office first.
- Monitor the behavior of the teachers inside and outside the classroom with the students and other staffs and for any discrepancies notify the education coordinators.
- Complete students’ admission process according to the organizational policy.
- Visit local offices (to collect books from NCTB etc.). You must consult with the head office in advance.
- Keep a good Relationship with Local Community.
- Any other task assigned by management.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Age minimum 26 years to above.
- Minimum 1 year experience in relevent field.
- Computer skill (MS Office, MS Excel).
- Monthly BDT 10,000 – 14,000/-
- Entry Level
- JAAGO Foundation School, Bibir hat, Ramgati Lakshmipur.
- JAAGO Foundation School, Konkar para, Moheshkhalia Teknaf.
- To apply for the post of Project Officer please follow the link: Project Officer Application Form
Deadline: 20th November, 2017 .
If you feel you have the qualities required for the role, please send a brief cover letter, showing your interest and Your CV along with a recent photograph to email@example.com . Only applications received by e-mail will be taken into consideration. Any form of solicitation would result in immediate and automatic disqualification of candidature.
Please clearly mention the position in the subject line when applying.
Note: Without subject line application will not be accepted.