Our strength is the calibre of our people. We succeed because we engage, develop and reward people who have the passion to make a significant contribution to our nation. We provide a culture of challenge and opportunity that encourages our employees to develop to their full potential.
Why work with us?
We offer our employees everything they need to reach their full potential. We aim to recruit people locally who can think globally. Our total employment offering combines the space for exciting development within a globally admired working environment with the opportunity to work with bright and motivated colleagues.
What we want from you?
We want you to be a dreamer who can go beyond the barrier and put smiles on the faces of the underprivileged children. Unity, bravery and passion will lead you to follow our noble cause where there is no limit of creating happiness. If you believe by heart that the poverty cycle can be broken through quality education, then you can be the one.
Job Position: Asst.Manager/Manager, JAAGO Foundation
Department: HR Department
Number of vacancies: 01
Job Description / Responsibilities
- To ensure appropriate HR policy and procedures are in place and practice incorporating with JAAGO Foundation policy / guideline and Bangladesh legal status.
- To ensure high quality Human Resources process across the organization and practice.
- To facilitate the recruitment in a professional manner, including staff retention, motivation, staff contribution to achieving organizational strategic goal.
- To develop the capacity of the staff members for providing high quality HR support confidently.
- Masters Degree in HRM, Management or related field or equivalent HR properational qualification.
- At least 4-5years experience of working in the field of Human Resource Management within a development organisation/NGO with the experience of leading and managing a support team.
- Knowledge of interview management and computer skill.
- Excellent knowledge in HR Policies/practices as well as local labor acts are required.
- Road No- 20, House No- 28, 1st Floor, Block- K, Banani, Dhaka-1213.
- If you are interested and meet the criteria, please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com with subject line written “Application for Asst. Manger/Manager, HR Department”. Without subject line application will not be accepted.
- Deadline: January 14, 2018.
Job Position: Officer, JAAGO Foundation
Department: Child Welfare & Sponsorship Department.
Number of vacancies: 01
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Build client relationships with clients to sponsor education for underprivileged children;
- Maintain various databases for smooth operation of sponsorship processes (Payment, Live Form, Sponsor Details, etc.);
- Provide details for sponsor needs (sponsorship procedure, payment method, etc.);
- Assist other departments in arranging events for sponsors;
- Develop child profiles and coordinate with the school education team for various sponsor related concerns;
- Communicate with sponsors and school team in relation to maintenance of the children and their well-being;
- Organize visits with sponsors to meet their sponsored children;
- Communicate with sponsors occasionally through Skype and phone calls;
- Gather feedback from sponsors and implement necessary changes;
- Attend events arranged by the organization to attract new sponsors.
- Bachelor’s Degree, from any well-known reputable public or private University.
- Excellent communication skills both in English & Bangla.
- Good computer skills in Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Avro and Presentation tools.
- Six (6) months to 1 (one) year.
- Fresh graduates can apply as well.
- Fluency in English is a must.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Age 22 to 28 year(s)
- Has to be proactive, self-motivating and hardworking.
- BDT 18,000 to BDT 20,000.
- Candidates with Finance Major are requested not to apply, kindly do save your valuable time.
- Before applying kindly do learn about the organization.
- Send a brief cover letter, showing your interest and Your CV to ” firstname.lastname@example.org ” with Subject line written “Application for Officer, Child Welfare & Sponsorship Department,”. Without subject line application will not be accepted.
- Deadline: 25th of January, 2018.
Job Position: Teacher (2 years contractual post) , JAAGO Foundation
Department: Education Program
Number of vacancies: Rayer Bazar School : 03 and Online School Program (OSP): 08
Job Description / Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Use instructional design theory, instructional design principles, learning theory, instructional technology and children learning principles.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide small group or individualized instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Use a variety of instructional strategies such as inquiry, small group discussion, lecture, etc. to ensure effective learning of each student.
- Design and manage media (videos, audio and graphics) that are needed to impart the lessons.
- Support the school-branch with the training and development of curriculum.
- Establish and maintain standard student behavior to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in classroom.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, keep appropriates record and prepare progress reports.
- Identify student needs and corporate with others professional staffs to assessing and helping to develop attitude, mental health and to solve learning problem.
- Continuously update their individual skills by attending workshops and training sessions related to instructional technology, education or distance education.
- Supervise students in out of classroom activities during school day.
- Actively participate in faculty and staff meetings.
- Participate in events for students to celebrate national and special days.
- Prepare report cards and conduct Parents’-Teachers’ meeting to exchange feedback with them regarding their children.
- Prepare the question papers.
- Distribute tests and homework assignments, and collect them when they are completed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree (For primary level) / Master’s degree with background of respective subjects (For Secondary level), preferable in Education/Early Childhood Development/Psychology/Child Psychology.
- Fluency in English and Bangla both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Familiarity with primary and secondary level curriculum.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with very young group children.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion to promote education for the underprivileged.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Having experience with educational research.
- Previous experience of working with underprivileged children/development sector/non-profit organization.
- Experience in designing curriculum and/or lesson plans.
- Experience in working/volunteering in education or social development projects.
- Monthly 8,000/= to 11,000/= for primary level teachers. (5 hours/day, 5 days/week).
- Monthly 12,000/= to 15,000/= for secondary level teachers. (6 hours/day, 6 days/week).
- JAAGO Foundation School, Rayer Bazar Branch 14/3/A, Abul Khashem Khan Road, Rayer Bazar,Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207
- To apply for the post of Teacher please follow the link: Teacher Application Form
- Deadline: 6th January, 2018.
If you feel you have the qualities required for the role, please send a brief cover letter, showing your interest and Your CV along with a recent photograph to email@example.com . Only applications received by e-mail will be taken into consideration. Any form of solicitation would result in immediate and automatic disqualification of candidature.
Please clearly mention the position in the subject line when applying.
Note: Without subject line application will not be accepted.