Brief description of JAAGO Foundation:
JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working in providing quality education to underprivileged children and empowering youth in Bangladesh. The organization’s core programs focus on Education and Youth Development. The education program is providing free of cost quality education to 3,500 children through 8 Digital and 3 Conventional schools across Bangladesh. Volunteer for Bangladesh (VBD), the volunteer wing of the Youth Development Program, promotes the spirit of youth and volunteerism through its 35,000 registered volunteers in 32 districts across the country mainly working on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The ‘Host community-based environment action, education, and nutrition program’ will provide education, food, mentorship, specialized learning and skills-based training to the local surfing girls’ and boys’ to provide access better livelihood opportunities and break their cycle of poverty and hunger. This program is funded by World Food Programme (WFP) and based in Cox’s Bazar.
Content Developer will be responsible to conduct need analysis of the learners and based on the findings develop contents on basic education, environmental, healthy living, safety and tourism education along with life skill education for the targeted surfing girls’ and boys’. S/he will maintain coordination with other team members both in Dhaka and Cox’s Bazar. The content developer will report directly to the senior content developer of the program.
- – Conduct a need assessment of the learners before developing non formal curriculum;
- – Prepare need assessment tool to conduct base line study to develop curriculum contents;
- – Develop framework of research, plan and design the curriculum contents for language, literacy and other contents;
- – Develop a research methodology to see the output of the developed curriculum;
- – Develop need based curriculum contents and learning materials through non-formal modes of instruction;
- – Develop teaching learning materials based on the designed contents;
- – Develop instructional approaches and learning materials in support of the developed contents;
- – Develop assessment tools to see the progress of the students;
- – Disseminate developed curriculum for preparing teachers through training and workshop for effective implementation of it in classroom;
- – Develop monitoring and evaluation plan to assess the effectiveness the curriculum;
- – Collect Feedback from the field and revise curriculum if needed;
- – Conduct an action research to see the immediate output of the curriculums;
- – Attend relevant workshop, training, and meeting as required;
- – Perform other related duties as assigned;
- – Travel as per the requirements.
Bachelors/ Master’s Degree in any discipline with preference to the degree in Education and Environmental Science.
Minimum of 3 years of working experience in the similar field and position.
Required Skills sets:
– Must be dynamic, enthusiastic and adaptive to local context;
– Understanding of child and youth safeguarding issues;
– Knowledge about local and global non formal, formal and sustainable development education context;
– Knowledge of national policies, issues and legal frameworks on Education especially primary, secondary, technical and vocational education of Bangladesh.
– Strong interpersonal skills to solve complex problems.
– Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment.
– Knowledge of the local context.
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Bangla.
– Ability to learn quickly and work with a minimum supervision;
– Proficient at computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and use of internet;
– Must be able to obtain, organize and analyze data to prepare accurate, precise and well-organized reports and statistical charts;
– Must be able to develop and maintain working-level contacts with the Government, NGOs and other private-sector agencies.
If you are interested then APPLY ONLINE or please send your updated CV with recent passport size photo and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for the position of Content Developer” Without subject line application will not be accepted.
JAAGO Foundation is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.