Office Time: 8.30 AM to 5.30 PM (Sunday to Thursday)
Job Location: JAAGO Foundation School, Lane: 10 (Manik Commissioner’s Bagan bari), Moti Jhorna, Lalkhan Bazer, Khulshi, Chittagong.
Background: JAAGO Foundation is recruiting an Education Coordinator for the secondary grades of the JAAGO Foundation Banani School in Karail slum. The school follows the English version of the national curriculum. The Education Coordinator (E.C.) is the direct line manager of the teachers working in the secondary grades. Generally, theJAAGO schools have one E.C. for the primary section and one for the secondary section.
The E.C. is responsible for providing educational guidance and assistance to the teachers of his/her respective branch by recommending strategies and determining appropriate education solutions for concerns related to teachers, students & curriculum.S/he must also monitor and track the advancement of teachers & students. Additionally, E.C.must provide guidance to the teachers in case management to students who do not meet local educational requirements. Under the administrative supervision of Deputy Manager of Education Program, E.C will plan, organize, evaluate, coordinate and manage assigned educational activities for secondary section. S/he must have a very good knowledge of the national curriculum’s English version and the board examinations.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
– Monitor, guide, evaluate and determine priorities of the teachers to ensure the standard of education.
– Ensure and check the academic deliverables from the teachers, such as lesson plans, students’academic updates, syllabus completion report, assessment tools, etc.
– Develop long-term school program plans.
– To work on the scopes of development of the teachers by conducting teachers’ meetings monthly, quarterly and via need-based workshops.
– To work on the scopes of development of the students, mainly the students who require special attention.
– Recruit teachers for School when there is a need for new teachers.
– Monitor, guide & set strategies for JSC, & SSC examinations with the collaboration of the teachers.
– Keep track of the resources being used in the School and ensure the utilization of the resources in optimum ways.
– Take responsibility for the personal and professional development of the teachers throughout the year.
– Respond to and resolve problems of other teams through coordination and counseling.
– Motivate and encourage teachers to take initiative and responsibility, to share their ideas and to play an active part in the classroom to ensure quality education.
Policy and Strategy:
– Collect data and/or conduct surveys on all areas of academic activities for ensuring quality education.
– Help the Deputy Manager, Education Program in developing policies/procedures for effective implementation of academic activities in School. Such as rules & regulation for the students, teachers, and all staffs etc.
– Identify the concerns & problems of the teachers and support them at a local level, in conjunction with the curriculum/School/Training/timeline/other academic issues.
– Plan & organize National Days with the teachers.
– Provide quarterly academic progression reports of the secondary grades to the senior education coordinator & the supervisor (deputy Manager, Education Program).
– Plan the scheduling of events and delivery of services to achieve the educational standard.
– Coordinate with the deputy manager, Education Program and other team members (child welfare, administration & RnD) for the better academic progress of JAAGO FoundationBananiSchool.
– Organize and/or attend education related seminars and workshops.
– Maintain communication with well-wishers and partners of the Education Program.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
– Minimum Bachelor Degree preferably in Education or Social Sciences or relevant discipline. Considering quality experience education may be relaxed.
– Facilitation skills, strong computer literacy and good communication skills both in English and Bangla are essential requirements.
– Flexibility and being able to adjust priorities to meet changing demands.
– Ability to demonstrate a collegiate, supportive working style that enables Teachers’ to reach their potential, and challenges where necessary.
– Ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment, maintain a positive team dynamic, strengthening the capacity of teachers.
Apply Instruction: To apply for the post of Education Coordinator, Education Program please click: