JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working towards the education and social mobilization for the underprivileged masses of Bangladesh. Its mission to fight poverty, JAAGO pioneered a Free-of-Cost International Standard School for underprivileged children in remote areas of Bangladesh. JAAGO’s Youth Development Program focuses on national development via the reallocation of skills and resources to foster self – reliance and growth in every young citizen.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Monitor, guide, evaluate, and determine priorities of the teachers to ensure the standard of education.
• Ensure and check the academic deliverables from the teachers, such as lesson plans, students’ academic updates, syllabus completion reports, assessment tools, etc.
• Develop long-term school program plans.
• To work on the scopes of development of the teachers by conducting teachers’ meetings monthly, quarterly, and via need-based workshops.
• To work on the scopes of development of the students, mainly the students who require special attention.
• Recruit teachers for School when there is a need for new teachers.
• Monitor, guide & set strategies for JSC, & SSC examinations with the collaboration of the teachers.
• Keep track of the resources being used in the School and ensure the utilization of the resources in optimum ways.
• Take responsibility for the personal and professional development of the teachers throughout the year.
• Respond to and resolve problems of other teams through coordination and counseling.
• Motivate and encourage teachers to take initiative and responsibility, to share their ideas, and to play an active part in the classroom to ensure quality education.
Policy and Strategy:
• Collect data and/or conduct surveys on all areas of academic activities for ensuring quality education.
• Help the Deputy Manager, Education Program in developing policies/procedures for effective implementation of academic activities in School. Such as rules & regulations for the students, teachers, and all staff, etc.
•Identify the concerns & problems of the teachers and support them at a local level, in conjunction with the curriculum/ School/ Training/ timeline/ other academic issues.
• Plan & organize National Days with the teachers.
• Provide quarterly academic progression reports of the secondary grades to the senior education coordinator & the supervisor (deputy Manager, Education Program).
• Plan the scheduling of events and delivery of services to achieve the educational standard.
• Coordinate with the deputy manager, Education Program, and other team members (child welfare, administration & RnD) for the better academic progress of JAAGO Foundation Banani School.
• Organize and/or attend education-related seminars and workshops.
• Maintain communication with well-wishers and partners of the Education Program.
• Honors/Masters in Social Science/Social Work/Sociology/Political Science/Public Administration or relevant any other discipline from any recognized university with minimum 2nd division/class or equivalent GPA/CGPA in all academic examinations.
•At least 1-year of work experience with the digital education system.
•At least 2 years of teaching experience.
•Have sound knowledge on literacy competencies in Primary & Secondary Education; Knowledge on primary education and reading competencies will be given preference.
•The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills both in English & Bangla (Speaking and Writing);
•Good knowledge in Microsoft Office, especially in MS Excel;
•Has to be proactive, self-motivating, and hardworking.
If you are interested then please send your updated CV with a recent passport size photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for the position of Education Coordinator-EP” Without a subject line application will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: 15 January 2021
JAAGO Foundation is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.