Brief description of JAAGO Foundation:
JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working in providing quality education to underprivileged children and empowering youth in Bangladesh. The organization’s core programs focus on Education and Youth Development. The education program is providing free of cost quality education to 3,500 children through 8 Digital and 3 Conventional schools across Bangladesh. Volunteer for Bangladesh (VBD), the volunteer wing of the Youth Development Program, promotes the spirit of youth and volunteerism through its 35,000 registered volunteers in 32 districts across the country mainly working on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The ‘Host community-based environment action, education, and nutrition program’ will provide education, food, mentorship, specialized learning and skills-based training to the local surfing girls’ and boys’ to provide access better livelihood opportunities and break their cycle of poverty and hunger. This program is funded by World Food Programme (WFP).
The Program Manager (PM) will be responsible to supervise overall activitites of the program in Cox’s Bazar. He/she will be responsible for overall implemention of the program and will be serving as the focal point of contact of JAAGO Foundation. S/he will, continuously coordinating, updating and communicating developing issues with JAAGO relevant teams and other cooperating partners and field actors in Cox’s Bazar. The Program Manager will report directly to the head of the program.
– Supervise and lead in implementing the program activities as per the program objectives and plans.
– Develop a detailed and comprehensive project execution plan by ensuring resource.
– Responsible for financial management and reporting.
– Supervise project staff and teachers in the field.
– Coordinate with cooperating partners, vendors and other stakeholders for sound execution of program activities.
– Prepare a project operational plan.
– Develop a detailed monitoring and evaluation plan to track progress and take necessary steps.
– Manage changes to the program scope, schedule and program costs using appropriate verification techniques.
– Provide support in all areas of program management, compilation of reports, attend meetings and events with donors, other international agencies and the Government of Bangladesh.
– Establish and maintain local contacts in Cox’s Bazar with an range of stakeholders including represenatives of the Government of Bangladesh (GoB) and decision-makers in order to inform, improve and facilitate the project activities
– Provide feedback, suggestions and make changes for improvements with relevany stakeholders.
– Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
– Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation to prepare different analytical periodical reports for donors.
– Delegate project tasks based on other team member’s individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
– Prepare fund request projections as per the project operational plan.
– Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
– Develop leadership skills of team members.
– Attend conferences, training, and meeting as required.
– Ensure post-project evaluation by preparing final reports.
– Travel as per the project requirements.
– Produce and manage material for social network and website for project.
– Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in any discipline with preference to the degree in Development Studies, Education, Social Science or related field.
Minimum of 5 years of working experience in the similar field and position.
Required Skills sets:
– Strong management and leadership skills.
– Must be dynamic, enthuasistic and adaptive to local context.
– Understanding of child and youth safeguarding issues.
– Knowledge of national policies, issues and legal frameworks on Education especially primary, secondary, technical and vocational education of Bangladesh.
– Strong interpersonal skills to solve complex problems.
– Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment.
– Knowledge of the local context.
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Bangla.
– Ability to learn quickly and work with a minimum supervision.
– Proficient computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Excell, Power Point and use of internet.
– Must be able to obtain, organize and analyze data to prepare accurate, precise and well-organized reports and statistical charts.
– Must be able to develop and maintain working-level contacts with the Government, NGOs and other private-sector agencies.
If you are interested then APPLY ONLINE or please send your updated CV with recent passport size photo to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for the position of Program Manager” Without subject line application will not be accepted.
JAAGO Foundation is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.