JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working towards the education and social mobilization for the underprivileged masses of Bangladesh. Its mission to fight poverty, JAAGO pioneered a Free-of-Cost International Standard School for underprivileged children in remote areas of Bangladesh. JAAGO’s Youth Development Program focuses on national development via the reallocation of skills and resources to foster self – reliance and growth in every young citizen.
Brief description of Position
The position holder will work with and support the Project Development Department with Fundraising, Grant management and organizational/donor compliance.
1. Fundraising: 25% of time
– Develop concept notes and proposals;
– Conduct background research on donors and prepare briefs on funding opportunities;
– Explore and share new funding opportunities with Program Managers/teams, Senior Management and the Executive Director;
– Coordinate with other teams to collect necessary information and supporting documents for successful proposal submission;
– Update Project Development Team worksheet on Google Drive to keep track of all submitted project proposals and potential funding opportunities.
2. Grant Management: 55% of the time
. Study and provide feedback to the grant manager about the donor shared grant contracts.
– Write donor email drafts on behalf of grant manager.
– Arrange and participate in project inception, progress and post-project meetings.
– Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements by updating the project staff.
– Take meeting minutes and share with the relevant staff.
– Call meetings with the project staff to collect information, write and edit Project Progress and Final Reports.
– Manage project document filing and storing (both physical and Online- Google Drive, Dropbox).
– Update and disseminate necessary project information within the team.
– Update Project Reporting Calendar and notify the project staff prior to the deadlines.
– Participate in occasional field visits to oversee progress of the projects.
– Support project implementation teams with Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and develop monitoring and evaluation tools as per the project proposal.
– Participate in meetings with the Finance Department and Project managers to monitor the expenditure of donor funds.
– Prepare a project Operation Plan and monitor the progress of activities against the plan.
– Assist the project implementation team in content development of workshops and trainings.
– Keep track of fund disbursement and fill out necessary forms to request for funds.
3. Project Management: 5% of the time
– Support project implementation teams in specific project-based works when needed.
4. Networking: 2% of the time
– Search funding opportunities that arise out of networking with donors and online.
5. Job-related others: 3% of time
– Assist in completing administrative tasks of the team.
– Develop weekly meeting agenda in reference to Monthly work plan to share with the Executive Director.
6. Others: 10% of the time
– Prepare and finalize JAAGO’s flagship event-National Youth Assembly’s report.
– Assist different departments of the organization when necessary.
– Attend and participate in the organization’s different events.
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant field (Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, or equivalent).
– Excellent writing and spoken English and Bangla.
– Strategic thinker with proven analytical and planning skills.
– Good organization skills.
– Competent computer skills especially MS-Word, Ms-Excel and MS- PowerPoint.
– Strong understanding of the grant management process of institutional donors.
– Ability to manage complex tasks, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
-Minimum 1-2 years of experiences in the development sector.
Area of Experience:
Prior work experience in raising and managing grants of institutional donors; donor reporting and compliance; research, monitoring and evaluation; training facilitation and training content development; maintaining databases will get preference.
If you are interested then please send your updated CV with recent passport size photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for the position of “Officer, Project Development Department” Without subject line application will not accepted.