Position Type: Contractual (6 Months), Full Time: 8 hours/day, 6 days/week
Name of the Program: Distance Learning Program (3 rd Phase) Under Digital Island Moheshkhali Project
Job Location: JAAGO Foundation Education Program, Rayer Bazar, 14/3/A, Jafrabad, Rayer Bazar, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207
The position, in specific terms, will involve and responsible for the following tasks:
– Conduct online class by using ICT solution of online teaching modality of JAAGO foundation.
– Develop lesson plans and instructional materials; and provide small group or individualized instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
– Use a variety of instructional strategies such as inquiry and activity-based teaching-learning, small group discussion, lecture, etc. to ensure effective learning of each student.
– Design and manage multimedia (videos, audio and graphics) that are needed to impart the lessons.
– Establish and maintain standard student behavior to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
– Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, keep the appropriate record and prepare progress reports.
– Identify student learning needs and problems to help them overcome it by practicing a healthy and positive attitude for nurturing their mental health.
– Supervise students in out of classroom activities during the school day.
– Prepare the question papers and other assessment tools for students’ assessment and keep students’ progress records and reports electronically.
– Distribute tests and homework assignments, and collect them when they are completed
– Actively participate in project staff and team meetings.
– Continuously update your individual skills by attending workshops and training sessions related to instructional technology, education or distance education.
– Conduct virtual awareness campaign on Online Education with the students and generate the report on it.
– Support the pair schools’ teachers with the training and development of the curriculum.
Preferred Experience Requirements:
– Bachelor and Master degree in any subjects
– Strong verbal and written communication skills both in English and Bangla
– Knowledge of computer systems, including internet navigation and various office applications.
– Previous teaching experience
– Familiarity with the primary level curriculum of Bangladesh.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work with very young group children.
– A passion to promote education for the children.
– Having experience with educational research
– Previous experience of working with School Children/development sector/non-profit organization
– Experience in designing curriculum and/or lesson plans
– Experience in working/volunteering in education or social development projects
The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Previous teaching experience
Apply Instruction: If you are interested and meet the criteria, please send your CV with a cover letter showing your interest and the copy of national ID to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Online Teacher: Distance
Learning Program (3 rd Phase)” by 12 January 2019.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Without subject line and the copy of national ID no application will be accepted.