Brief description of JAAGO Foundation:
JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working in providing quality education to underprivileged children and empowering youth in Bangladesh. The organization’s core programs focus on Education and Youth Development. The education program is providing free of cost quality education to 3,500 children through 8 Digital and 3 Conventional schools across Bangladesh. Volunteer for Bangladesh (VBD), the volunteer wing of the Youth Development Program, promotes the spirit of youth and volunteerism through its 35,000 registered volunteers in 32 districts across the country mainly working on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The ‘Host community-based environment action, education, and nutrition program’ will provide education, food,mentorship, specialized learning and skills-based training to the local surfing girls’ and boys’ to provide access better livelihood opportunities and break their cycle of poverty and hunger. This program is funded by World Food Programme (WFP).
The Finance and Admin Officer is responsible to lead the Finance and Administration sections of Host Community-Based Environment Action, Education, and Nutrition Programme based in Cox’s Bazar.
– S/He in consultation with Project Manager will be responsible for efficiently implementing the project with finance management and administrative support. The job holder will ensure that the financial and administrative tasks are done as per policies and procedures, and agreement with the development partners.
– Prepare and execute project financial plan and budget as agreed by the Project Manager and the development partners.
– Maintain day to day financial and administrative functions of the Project. Update ledgers, bank documentations and other personnel and administrative documents.
– Payroll management & tax deduction.
– Analyze the pro expenditure, burn rate and provide necessary feedback to project coordinator.
– Ensure organization procurements are done as per policy, ensure all documents are chronologically organized and stored and ensure the Govt. vat & tax policies are rightly followed.
– Keep good relationship and communication with the local bank & any other financial officials.
– Ensure the project team staff are all fully aware of the organizational financial and procurement policies and procedures.
– Prepare monthly and other periodic financial statements and reports according to the need of donor, government and management.
– Regular review and update project finance procedure & manual.
– Organizes and ensures logistical support.
Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounts from reputed university.
Minimum 2 years of working experience in related field.
– Age 26 to 30 Years.
– Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment.
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and Bangla.
– Knowledge of relevant MS word, XL, internet.
– Capability to work independently under pressure
– Energy, Adaptability, creativity, sincerity and honesty.
If you are interested then APPLY ONLINE or please send your updated CV with recent passport size photo and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for the position of Finance & Admin Officer” Without subject line application will not be accepted.