1 Fundraising: 50% of time
– Actively contributing to set and achieve donor based income targets and managing resources to this end;
– Analyze donor submission and contract requirements and providing orientation to the relevant staff on compliance;
– Support proposal development through coordinating the establishment of proposal development working groups of key staff within the organization and ensuring key actions are delegated;
– Use the Logframe tool effectively for developing Concept Note and Project Proposal;
– Identify the project proposal development schedule at the concept note/proposal stage and coordinating with the relevant staff to ensure deadlines are met;
– Assist in making budgets with the support of Program heads and Finance department;
– Conduct donor research and analyse donor funding trend to match donor focus with JAAGO’s priority programme themes in Bangladesh;
– Share new funding opportunities with Program Managers/teams, Senior Management and the Executive Director;
– Identify opportunities for fundraising with in-country institutional donors and private foundations/corporates;
– Maintain up to date knowledge on donor funded projects;
– Provide support to develop fundraising strategy for the organization;
2 Grant Management:28% of time
– Facilitate the process of signing contracts with the donors;
– Maintain donor communication on behalf project implementation teams;
– Facilitate occasional visits of donors when necessary;
– Collect information, edit and finalize Project Progress and Final Reports with the support from project implementation teams and ensuring quality donor reporting is completed by submission deadlines;
– Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements by updating the project staff;
– Update project staff and Finance department for donor financial requirements;
– Update and manage project document filing and storing (both physical and Online- Google Drive, Dropbox);
– Ensure and support project implementation teams with Project MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning);
– Participate in occasional field visits to oversee projects’ progress and gain understanding of the local development needs.
3 Project Management: 7% of the time
– Provide support to the team members during the implementation phase of the projects.
4 Networking: 10% of time
– Build and maintain good relationships with donors by attending different donor meetings, seminars and conferences;
– Follow up with donors after attending meetings;
– Continue liaison with donors for future funding opportunities;
– Scope funding opportunities that arise out of networking with donors.
5 Others 5% of time
– Assign work and manage the performance of the team’s interns;
– Complete administrative tasks of the team;
– Assist different departments of the organization when necessary.
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant field (Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, or equivalent).
– Excellent writing and spoken English and Bangla;
– Strategic thinker with proven analytical and planning skills;
– Good organization skills;
– Competent computer skills especially MS-Word, Ms-Excel and MS- PowerPoint;
– Strong understanding of grant management process of institutional donors;
– Ability to manage complex tasks, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Minimum 2-3 years experiences in the development sector.
Area of Experience:
Prior work experience in raising and managing grants of institutional donors; donor reporting and compliance; research, monitoring and evaluation; training facilitation and training content development; maintaining databases will get preference.
Other Benefits: Friday & Saturday Weekend, Provident Fund, Bonuses, Friendly Environment.
If you are interested then APPLY ONLINE or please send your updated CV with recent passport size photo to email@example.com with the subject line Application for the position of “Sr. Officer/Officer, Project Development Department” Without subject line application will not be accepted.