JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working towards education and social mobilization for the underprivileged masses of Bangladesh. It’s the mission to fight poverty, JAAGO pioneered a Free-of-Cost International Standard School for underprivileged children in remote areas of Bangladesh. JAAGO’s Youth Development Program focuses on national development via the reallocation of skills and resources to foster self – reliance and growth in every young citizen.
- Support proposal development through coordinating the establishment of proposal development working groups of key staff within the organization and ensuring key actions are delegated;
- Use the Log frame tool effectively for developing Concept Note and Project Proposal;
- Identify the project proposal development schedule at the concept note/proposal stage and coordinating with the relevant staff to ensure deadlines are met;
- Assist in making budgets with the support of Program heads and Finance department;
- Conduct donor research and analyses donor funding trend to match donor focus with JAAGO’s priority programme themes in Bangladesh;
- Facilitate the process of signing contracts with the donors;
- Facilitate occasional visits of donors when necessary;
- Collect information, edit and finalize Project Progress and Final Reports with the support from project implementation teams and ensuring quality donor reporting is completed by submission deadlines;
- Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements by updating the project staff;
- Update and manage project document filing and storing (both physical and Online- Google Drive, Dropbox);
- Participate in occasional field visits to oversee projects’ progress and gain understanding of the local development needs.
- Provide support to the team members during the implementation phase of the projects.
- Follow up with donors after attending meetings
- Scope funding opportunities that arise out of networking with donors.
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant field (Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, or equivalent).
Minimum 2-3 years experience in I/NGO or development sector.
Area of Experience:
Prior work experience in fundraising and managing grants of institutional donors; donor reporting and compliance; research, monitoring and evaluation; maintaining databases will get preference.
- Excellent writing and spoken English and Bangla;
- Good organization skills;
- Competent computer skills especially MS-Word, Ms-Excel and MS- PowerPoint;
- Strong understanding of grant management process of institutional donors;
- Ability to manage complex tasks, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
If you are interested and meet the criteria, please send your CV with Cover Letter showing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for the position of “Sr. Officer, Fundraising & Grant Management” Without subject line and Cover Letter, the application will not be accepted.
JAAGO Foundation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. JAAGO Foundation is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.