JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working towards the education and social mobilization for the underprivileged masses of Bangladesh. Its mission to fight poverty, JAAGO pioneered a Free-of-Cost International Standard School for underprivileged children in remote areas of Bangladesh. JAAGO’s Youth Development Program focuses on national development via the reallocation of skills and resources to foster self – reliance and growth in every young citizen.
Brief description of Position:
– The position holder will work with and support the Youth Development Program of JAAGO Foundation with proposal writing, designing the program or events, preparing the budget, bill closing and administrating communication activities etc.
– Priority should be given to program or event budget prepare and bill closing to support the full implementation of the organization’s vision.
– Develop communication content and material for Volunteer for Bangladesh.
– Create database of all volunteers, update time to time and also need to gather information from ground level to identify and select potential youth for Volunteer for Bangladesh.
– Assist to follow up running activities of the Programs. Also, documentation and report monthly to his/her supervisor.
– Write Program proposal, event report and meeting minutes regularly to engage & connect new volunteers.
– Assist to identify material for capacity building workshop for youth and support training providers to organize training session, district travel, learning sharing meeting and cross-learning visit.
– Communication with the youth network centrally.
– Plan, Organize and Monitoring the National Program.
– Event, project and program Monitoring and Evaluation.
– Conduct monthly team meeting and communicate with other departments.
– Ability to prepare event, project and program budget.
– The program officer will be responsible for bill closing.
– For Budget prepare and bill closing communicate with Finance department will be one of the key responsibilities.
– At least 25% working hours have to travel in various districts level to communicate, train and to build relationship with the volunteers of the Program.
– Make travel plans for targeted District.
– Support other staffs in district travels and logistics management.
– Take proactive, creative and innovative steps to build the purposeful relationship between youth and community. Preserve and promote Volunteer for Bangladesh among Districts.
– Operate & monitor concern Districts social media.
– Design and organize new programs /activities idea for volunteers.
– Produce & Manage material for social networking website.
Other Benefits: Festival Bonus, Provident Fund, Weekly 2 Holidays, Friendly Working Environment
– Bachelor / Master’s Degree, preferably in any subject of Social Sciences/Development Studies.
– Minimum 2 Years of experiences in the NGO or INGO sector.
– The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills speaking and specially in writing (English and Bangla).
– The candidate should have a good understanding of the advanced communication tools.
– Good knowledge in MS Office, Power point especially in MS Excel.
– Has to be proactive, self-motivating and hardworking.
Area of Experience:
– Prior work experience in Volunteerism or Youth Mobilization related program.
– Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
– Age must be 26 to 33.
You can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for the position of Sr. Program Officer/ Program Officer, Youth Development Program”. Without subject line application will not accepted.